Women’s Health Clinic in Portsmouth, Newington NH
At Portsmouth Family Care, we offer quality health care for women in Newington, NH. We provide our female patients with comprehensive and compassionate care. For more information, please contact us to schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located at 101 Shattuck Way Suite 2 Newington, NH 03801.
Table of Contents:
Broadly speaking, a women’s health clinic is a medical care center staffed with and designed to serve the specific healthcare needs of the female population. At Portsmouth Family Care, we are proud to offer a comprehensive, fully serviced women’s health clinic as part of our overall care.
Many primary care or community-based healthcare centers offer specific clinics or programs related to women’s health, since women often need specified care, as they experience different health issues than other populations, which sometimes require different services.
From prenatal care and birth control needs to breast cancer or certain chronic conditions, there are different health issues that women specifically need care for. Many of the services women may require are related to reproductive health, with some of the most common concerns being:
• Issues with menstruation, such as excessively painful or heavy periods, missed periods, or conditions like endometriosis or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
• Urinary tract infections (UTIs) that may be frequent, pelvic floor disorders, or bladder-related problems
• Vulvodynia (pain around the vulva), bacterial vaginosis, or uterine fibroids
• Ovarian and cervical cancer
• Infertility and pregnancy-related issues
• Certain chronic diseases and issues that only affect (or most commonly affect) women, such as osteoporosis (weakening of the bones and/or loss of bone mass) or menopause
At a women’s health clinic, you will find services that address the above issues, and the specific care required. This may include anything from:
• Help with birth control, including insertion of Intrauterine Devices (IUDs)
• Pap smears, as well as screening for cervical, breast, or other types of female-specific cancer
• Sexual health care and education, including treating STDs
• Pregnancy and prenatal care, including screening before and during pregnancy, labor and delivery care and support, and postpartum support
• Infertility care and services
At a women’s health clinic, you will likely be under the care of a physician that specializes in women’s reproductive health. You may also have a primary care provider trained more thoroughly in women’s health. If you’re interested in the care of a women’s clinic and want to know what we can offer and how we can help you, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
The health and well-being of the female population are extremely important to the health of the overall population. In fact, maternal and infant mortality rates are regularly used as part of rating the overall health and care access in a certain community, since these are important metrics by which to measure the health of the larger population. Women’s health should be a priority for everyone.
Women have specific healthcare concerns and needs and having access to a women’s clinic can be a very important part of supporting your health in the long term. Historically, women’s health has been systematically disadvantaged or inadequately researched, leading to many women suffering in silence with their health issues, even today. By going to a women’s clinic, you will have access to a care team specifically designed to treat and care for women, and monitor for chronic issues, as well as provide support throughout your different life stages. It’s also convenient for you as the patient to have all of your healthcare needs in one place. At Portsmouth Family Care, we can address your needs all in one place at our women’s health clinic and are happy to provide this service for you. We serve patients from Portsmouth NH, Newington NH, Durham NH, Madbury NH, Dover NH, Greenland NH, Stratham NH, and Newfields NH.